Since Lake Junaluska’s beginning in 1913, the rental / lease of homes or apartments has been a part of our history. The guests that we host in our homes and apartments often become repeat visitors and today's renters may become tomorrow's owners.
Property owners that engage in short or long term rentals / leases are required to follow the following guidelines in accordance to the provisions in their property deeds related to the rental or lease of their property:
- Please make guests feel welcome, provide information that will familiarize them with Lake Junaluska’s unique qualities, and encourage them to participate in community activities whenever possible. Promotional publications, maps and general information is available for distribution from the Welcome Center or Public Works office. The Lake Junaluska website is also a good resource that can be shared in advance of a visit to Lake Junaluska.
- Lake Junaluska is a community built on goodwill and character. To sustain and enhance the nature of our ever-changing world, all owners must use discretion in marketing their vacation home to guests of good character, who will not injure or cause harm to property and others.
- Homeowners are responsible for ensuring guests comply with regulations and other requirements set forth by Lake Junaluska Assembly, including the items of property deeds, covenants and rules outlined in the “Rules and Regulations of the Lake Junaluska Assembly.”
- Guests are to show consideration to neighbors by parking only on the owner's property. Please ensure that you have adequate parking on your property for the number of units you are renting. Guests should be informed of the amount of available parking on your property before arriving at Lake Junaluska.
- Homeowners are responsible for any guest disturbance caused to other residents in the neighborhood.
- Guests must keep noise to a minimum to avoid disturbing the occupants of neighboring properties, especially during nighttime hours (10 p.m. to 7 a.m.) and upon arrival and departure.
- Excessive noise is always prohibited.
- All pets must be leashed when in common areas and should be under the control of their owner at all times.
- Homeowners are encouraged to inform guests of waste bag dispenser (Dogipot) locations and disposal containers along the walking trails.
- Owners are responsible for providing enough disposal containers with attached lids to prevent animals or natural elements from spreading trash. These containers may be purchased at large hardware stores or online.
- Owners are to provide rental guests with the weekly collection schedule for garbage and recyclables and include placement locations for collections.
Use of Common and Recreation Areas
- Visitors and guests are invited to use common areas provided for public enjoyment.
- Some admittance and rental fees may apply (pool, kayaks, etc.).
- Owners should provide rental guests the contact information for the on-duty Lake Junaluska Assembly Security Officer (828-734-5575).
All rental or lease questions should be directed to the Public Works department at 828-452-5911 or by emailing email@example.com.